The School Governors have a vital role to play in the running of the school and are closely involved in all the major decisions affecting the school. The Governing Body is a combination of appointed, elected and co-opted Governors and is made up in accordance with the school's Instrument of Government. The membership is as follows:
- Mrs S Stell (Headteacher)
- Mr J Dickson (Chair)
- Staff Governors - Mrs S Pike, Mrs N Turner
- Parent Governors - Mr J Cree, Mrs L Phillips, Mr J Bennett
- Community Governors - Mr R Hill, Mrs B McPhail,
- Co-opted Governor - Mr M Key
- Clerk to the Governors - Mrs K Colmer
- Scheme of Delegation 2017.pdf
- Attendance at Governors' Meetings 2016-17.pdf
- Governing Body Committee Structure 17.pdf
- BUSINESS INTERESTS Nov 2017.pdf
Advert for Community Governor
The Governors of St Margaret's Academy are looking to appoint a Community Governor to sit on a committee and take an active part in the monitoring of performance and progress of the school against the School Development Plan and targets. The academy is governed by School Governors who are members and directors of the academy. The governors have a vital role to play in the running of the school and are closely involved in all the major decisions affecting the school.
The role of the governor is a big commitment but can be extremely rewarding. If you are interested in the role and would like more information please email the Clerk to the Governors via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively phone 01803 327090.